We have all been there, taking the time out of our busy schedules to wait for a repair or delivery person. It is one of the more frustrating parts of life. Have you ever wondered how much it wastes in productivity? IBOPE Zogby conducted a poll, on behalf of cloud computing software company TOA Technologies, regarding the time American workers spent waiting for in-home services and appointments. The survey estimated that Americans lost $37.7 billion in 2011 waiting for in-home services and appointments.
The following are some interesting facts that were obtained from the survey:
- The survey consisted of more than 1,000 adults
- 72% or respondents perceived their time to be worth $15 an hour
- The average consumer estimated that they lost $250 last year waiting for a repair or delivery person
- 58% of those who indicated that they waited for a repair or delivery person waited on average 4 and a half hours
- 57% said that they spent the most time waiting for the cable guy